Career Restricted Event Workers
We are a career occupational group that no one knows exists. We are often unseen. We are often unheard. You never knew we were there, yet we are the ones that are behind the scenes, often times for days and insane hours, ensuring you get the memories of a lifetime. We are the millions of people globally, that are about to become extinct. And we need your help.
Empowering live event workers with the tools they need to evolve and reinvent themselves for a viable future.
- No one is coming to our rescue anytime soon. It has become clear, that it is our duty
to come together to create viable solutions to mitigate the hardships most of our
workforce is currently experiencing.
- There is little to no financial assistance available to live event workers, especially
those who are freelancers, which the majority are. Many have slipped through the
cracks after investing their lives into the live events industry.
- There is a whole sea of untapped talent with highly valuable, transferable skills,
available and eager to work, however, there is a profound lack of knowledge within
the public sector / employers / recruitment agencies outside of our industry regarding
our capabilities, experience and ability to shift these qualities into other sectors.
- A large proportion of live event roles are filled by word of mouth and many workers
have never been required to provide a resume. Additionally, due to the varied roles
and skills garnered, it creates a non-linear career history, which is perceived as
undesirable by recruiters and employers.
- We are a career occupational group that are often unseen. Very few know that we
exist and we are often unheard. You never knew we were there. Yet, we are the ones who are behind the scenes, frequently (at times) for days and working insane hours, ensuring you get the memories of a lifetime.
- We are the millions of people globally, who are about to become extinct. And we need your help.
- We will obtain funding through grants, corporate sponsors, as well as both public
and private donors. With these available finances, our aim is to fund courses for
individuals hit hardest due to the Covid-19 restrictions, as well as providing additional
services to include, but not limited to: workshops with career coaches and other
professionals, resume rewrites, job leads, and a community for people to share their
- We will give live event workers the incentive to complete their chosen program with
financial assistance. They will also receive access to resume writers at discounted rates.
- We will be working with globally recognized virtual and in-person certification courses
that will allow participants to take their training further both globally and with local,
on-site training (restrictions pending).
- This project is a long-term commitment designed to future-proof our industry for years to
come, not only by creating additional and alternative revenue streams for the live events
work force, but also to enable those who can no longer fulfil their current roles due to
health issues, or injury, or any future crisis.
- No membership fees – anyone can join, from anywhere in the world.
- Free access to Zoom panels.
- We are the invisible workforce behind the scenes that bring your most cherished memories to the stage.
- We turn your events from dreams to reality. Without us, the show does not go on.
Does this sound like you?
- I’ve received little or no financial assistance from the government.
- I’ve applied for funding and got rejected.
- I’ve applied for countless jobs to absolutely no avail.
- I’ve taken on a job I hate just to make ends meet.
- I’m scared that once live events take place, there will be rate wars due to cuts in artists’ fees and a career I’ve dedicated my life to will no longer be sustainable on its own.
- I’m tired of consistent rejection and being told I am not essential or viable.
- I feel like no one understands my worth.
- I don’t have a resume or CV that truly gets my skills across and I don’t know how to explain to people outside of our industry how valuable I can be to any team.
- I feel generally defeated.
- I am at the end of my rope. Something needs to change and I need to be the one to change it, but I don’t know where to begin or how.
C.R.E.W Coalition is not an awareness campaign or a one-time payout funding organization.
While there are currently several key, very important, very effective movements to raise awareness of who we are and what we need from our governments, there has been very little response from the powers that be, globally, to prompt any kind of real solutions to keep us afloat. With each passing week, hope fades for any kind of guarantee on when we can return to work and that we will be taken care of now, or in the immediate future. It’s time to come to terms with the fact that we are going to lose a lot of amazingly talented people, artists, companies, festivals and venues.
We work closely with these organizations for the greater cause, and we encourage you to do the same.
But that’s not what we are about here.
Our goal, is to future-proof the industry. This is a long-term plan to ensure that live event workers are able to financially sustain themselves during times of crisis to keep as many of us in the industry as possible.
This is where you come, when you are truly ready to roll up your sleeves and take action for yourself.
It is our hope at C.R.E.W Coalition, that we can provide realistic solutions to those of you who so desperately need it.
So in short, how do we plan on helping YOU, the C.R.E.W?
By providing you with the tools you need to reinvent yourself to survive in a world both with and without live events, through any crisis or hardship you may encounter.
We will offer you internationally recognized certification courses to build on your existing skills. You will learn how to transfer your existing skills to a world unfamiliar with us, in a language they can understand. There is a vast ocean of talent among us. It’s time for you to take back control of your life and your career while adding value to your artistry. This is about learning how to create new opportunities and jobs for yourself, while conforming on YOUR terms.
And we’re going to help you.
This affects all of us. Not just the workers, but also the fans of what we do. Everyone needs to understand the risks involved of losing our industry.
This warrants repeating:
Without us, there are no live events. It’s truly as simple as that.
This is by no means a threat. This is a promise. We have reached critical condition.
If you are not in the live industry, but enjoy going to concerts, getting dressed up for that sci-fi convention, going to the beer festival in your town, attending real life festivals, seeing a musical on Broadway, or any other form of live entertainment or event, then we need your help.
Please subscribe below to stay informed.